Thursday, March 3, 2011

Small Gift Bag

I have a program on my computer called Stumble Upon.  You can find it at http://www.stumbleupon.com/ . At this website, you sign up for a free account and choose from a list of subjects and then the program will search outwebsites that fit the criteria of what you have selected.  I selected things like crafts, photography, recipes etc. and when I click on the STUMBLE button, it takes me to places on the Internet.  I stumbled upon a tutorial for a small gift bag made from newspapers or printed ads that come in your newspaper. Here is a link to that tutorial.
 http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-make-gift-bags-from-newspaper.html
and here is the bag that I made today.  I used a LAMPS PLUS ad from my newspaper.  You actually use 2 layers of paper to give the bag extra strength. Click to enlarge photos to better see the details.





2 comments:

Betty said...

Very cute bag Kathy...I'll definitely have to check out the information you gave...I love your ideas!

Anonymous said...

I want to make some of these using the Sunday Funny Pages. Those would be SO cute!
Kathy

Post a Comment